I want to thank Paul Boyd with Graveyard Entertainment who produces the Chambers of Fear Haunted House in Surprise, Arizona a suburb of Phoenix. Paul supplied answers to a number of interview questions and great information is available on his website.[DISPLAY_ULTIMATE_SOCIAL_ICONS]
Chambers of Fear Haunted Houses in Arizona
What is the history of your haunted attraction and how did you get started haunting?
- Paul Boyd: Starting out as a small home haunt over 24 years ago, it was run out of a 3 car garage and driveway. In 1997, the tradition continued and for the first time this garage haunt had a name, The Haunt on Villa Linda.
- Graveyard Entertainment was incorporated in April of 1998. The Haunt on Villa Linda certainly had the right combination of high-tech animatronics, traditional scares, lighting, and sound effects which lended to its success.
- The following year came a new name for the haunt, Dreadful Domain, located at the Peoria Sports Complex. The 2000 season watch Dreadful Domain, Skull Asylum, and The Crypt transform into Arizona’s largest Halloween event, Arizona Fright Nights.
- In 2006, we created The Haunted Corn Maze.
- In 2010, the all new Chambers of Fear debuted, bringing back the Valley’s scariest haunted attraction.
What is the theme of your attraction or what makes your attraction scary?
- Paul Boyd: Chambers of Fear Haunted House is an intense dark attraction filled with amazing actors, terrifying scares, incredible special effects, and spine chilling entertainment. Arizona’s scariest haunted house features 3 haunted attractions all at 1 location for 1 great price.
- Paul Boyd: Our reputation for delivering “The Fright of Your Life” makes us the most recognized company for Halloween and Haunted Houses in Arizona. Chambers of Fear is the new standard for terror in Arizona.
What is new or changes for (updated) 2014?.
- Paul Boyd: EVERYTHING, all of our houses are going through major upgrades and changes for this coming season. Our 4th at this location will blow you away!
- Paul Boyd: This year we have added a new attraction to go along with our Chambers of Fear and Den of Darkness, this is a Scary Tales themed attraction.
- New for 2014 is the Darkness: Industrial Nightmare attraction.
What are the prices and hours for (updated) 2014?
- Cost: 3 Spine Chilling Attractions for one low price of $23.
- Website: Hours: Friday, Saturday and Halloween open from 7 p.m to midnight. Sundays and all other days from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Open Dates 2014:
September 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
October 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Do you offer coupons, discounts, or group discounts?
- Paul Boyd: Yes, we have great discounts available at our local sponsors in-season (Sonic-America’s Drive-in and Hungry Howie’s Pizza). We are very group friendly and will work with large group sizes to give you a night to remember. Contact us directly for amazing group rate specials.
What are the busiest nights/times? What’s the average wait during peak days and times? Is it possible to go to the front of the line by paying an extra fee?
- Paul Boyd: Obviously weekends are busier than weekdays, and we offer R.I.P. fast pass tickets for a small upcharge.
How long does it take to go through the haunted house?
- Paul Boyd: This is determined as to how fast or slow your group walks through all 3 haunted attractions. The average times are from 45 – 60 minutes.
How scary is your haunted house? Is it kid friendly?
- Paul Boyd: Chambers of Fear Haunted house is an intense dark attraction. Due to the intense nature of our event, we do not recommend it to children under the age of 12.
- Wayne Melton: Paul and his group are being paid to scare you. This might be one of the most scary haunted houses in Arizona if not the whole country. Any haunt that promises “The Fright of Your Life” and the new standard of terror is probably going to scare you. It has been named the number 1 haunted house in Arizona a number of times.
What is the parking and public transportation situation?
- Paul Boyd: We offer free parking.
What about the future?
- Paul Boyd: We were named Top Haunt in 2010, selected #1 Haunted House in 2011, added 2 all new attractions in 2012 to keep you coming back for more! Where can we go from here? What’s in store for 2013? We will have complete upgrades and huge additions to all our attractions, including the all new attraction Scary Tales. We have added more scares and upgraded all our attractions beyond belief. 2013 will be our greatest year in the company’s history.
Wayne Melton – Funtober
I wish to thank Paul Boyd and his team at Graveyard Entertainment for providing me with wonderful information on his great haunted attraction, Chambers of Fear.
Funtober provides more information about Haunted Houses in Arizona at our Arizona website along with information about corn mazes, ghost tours, Oktoberfest, and more fall fun activities. Click on any information in our sidebar or go to our home page: Funtober.