After visiting a few corn maze websites, I put together this helpful list of things to bring to a corn maze. Based on their recommendations here is a list of items to make your family’s visit to a corn maze a lot more fun.
- clothing – dress for conditions
- comfortable shoes that can get muddy (old tennis shoes, rubber boots) (no open toed shoes!!)
- hat / sunscreen
- stroller or baby carrier for little ones
- allergy medicine
- bug spray
- water bottle
- flashlight (in case of darkness)
- camera to document the fun!
Don’t bring dogs or alcohol. Don’t smoke, either!
When you arrive, make sure you use the bathroom before entering. The last thing you want to be doing is crossing your legs as you weave your way through the corn and find out you are lost. Also, get your cigarette in before entering. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SMOKE in the corn maze. Corn stalks are highly flammable. Finally, leave yourself plenty of time to get lost. Don’t make plans for immediately after the corn maze assuming it will be fast. You may be severely disappointed when you find out your navigation skills aren’t what you thought.